Did you know the PH levels in your body can be affected by your emotions? Studies show the more frustrated, stressed or anxious you feel, the more acid and inflammation you can be creating in your body.
However, feelings such as love, joy and gratitude can counteract the effects of negative feelings and the acid it creates by promoting more alkalinity in the body.
When you’re inflamed or highly acidic, you’ll notice the effects in your skin, digestion, weight, moods, energy or hormones. It can impact every area of your health, with visible results on the outside and hidden toxicity on the inside. That’s why it’s important to manage your PH levels and be conscious about what kind of emotional state you’re generating every day.
To pretend you don’t have any control over your acid/alkaline ratio is an illusion. Your thoughts influence your emotions, and you DO have control over them. It just takes practice.
A great place to start improving the PH balance in your body to move towards alkalinity is to practice gratitude. It’s easy to be negative; it takes effort to be grateful and full of appreciation. Use the list below and every day for the next 10 days, practice gratitude with one item from the list.
- Have a gratitude statement you say every morning when you wake up.
- Breathe deeply in the shower and say what you’re passionate and excited about in your life.
- Take 3 minutes before beginning your day to write 10 things you’re grateful for in a journal.
- Listen to empowering audio in the car on the way to work.
- Smile at everyone you come in contact with during the day!
- Use your lunch break to read a book that brings you joy and happiness.
- Say something complimentary (and sincerely) to 3 people you see during the day.
- Call someone you love on your way home and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Take at least 20 minutes to exercise (in the am or pm) and say loving words to your body.
- Hug someone you love and be reminded of how much you may take them for granted.
Take a proactive approach with your health and choose thoughts of love, joy and positivity, and watch the impact they have on your sense of vitality, the quality of your skin and the way your pants fit.
Nothing outside of you can bring you the results you want if you don’t get your mind and emotions under control. Start with the Gratitude List above and be on your way to better health and a more fulfilling life.
Action Step: Start using the Gratitude List, 1 item at a time, then make your own list and do 1 item from it every day.
As a keynote speaker, empowerment coach, author and spokesperson, Katie Humphrey inspires women to feel fit, confident and motivated. Her dynamic Revolution of YOU brand helps overwhelmed and stressed out women confidently reach their goals.