Effective Date: September 10, 2020
This policy has been revised to account for sharing of information to sister companies in the Categories of Third-Party Recipients section below.
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website by not clicking on the Accept link on our Cooke Policy banner.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
As a company that markets its site, content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our site, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please let us know using the guidelines set out in the Contacting Us section below.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Pursuant to CCPA, natural persons who are California residents have certain rights concerning their personal information held by us as described below:
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell. You may submit a consumer request to know this information by following the guidelines set forth in the Contacting Us section below. In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provide your name, e-mail address and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our records.
Category of Collection Source / Category of Personal Information:
E-mail optin: First name, last name, e-mail address
Surveys and quizzes: First name, last name, e-mail address, age range and gender
Order placement: First name, last name, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address (if different), phone number
Business and/or Commercial Purpose for Collection:
We collect e-mails to maintain a list of contacts that we can periodically send out e-mails with information and promotional offers that we feel might be of interest or beneficial to you. All e-mails include the option for the recipient to Manage Subscriptions, including removing themselves from e-mail list(s).
We collect order information in order to fulfill the requested order and to add to our e-mail list.
Categories of Third-Party Recipients:
By submitting your e-mail and telephone information on this website, you agree to receive e-mail and telephone calls from us and the following sister companies (that are separate entities but owned by some of the same principals): UpWellness, LLC (www.upwellness.com) and Backyard Vitality, LLC (www.backyardvitality.com).
In some instances, we co-register an offer with a 3rd party, in these situations you are able to see the co-registered company or companies and you may elect not to provide your personal information to us. In the cases where you do, and there is a co-registration, your personal information will be shared with these co-registrants / 3rd parties. These 3rd party companies are in good faith using your personal information in turn to provide offers they believe would be beneficial or of interest to you.
Business and/or Commercial Purposes for Disclosing:
While we offer 3rd party companies the opportunity to include promotional information on our website and through e-mails we send out, unless you, as the recipient of this information, takes a specific action, like clicking a link in an e-mail or clicking a link on a website, we will not share your personal information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. You may submit a consumer request to delete this information by following the guidelines for Contacting Us in the section so named below.
In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provider your name, e-mail address, and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our records and any other third-party systems as appropriate.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising the privacy rights granted by the CCPA.
We do not and will sell personal information of any consumer (including personal information of minors under 16 years of age).
In order to exercise the rights described above, you may designate an authorized agent to make request under the CCPA on your behalf.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
How Do We Store Your Information?
Your information is stored in one of three locations:
- At the list server that delivers the Site content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the Site material. All of the messaging or e-mails that are sent to you by the Site include a Manage Subscription link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on this link that can be found in every communication that we send you;
- In our secure 3rd party shopping cart which we use to help us fulfill your order; and
- In our secure customer information system, to help you access your order information, and look up your order in cases where customer service is required.
This policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website along with the new Effective Date.
- By mail, sent to:
The Alternative Daily
Attn: Privacy Officer
4300 S US Hwy 1 Ste 203-196
Jupiter, FL USA 33477
Please include the question or concern you have inside the letter you send as well as how you would like us to contact you.
In the case of e-mail or mail contacts, please allow us up to 10 days from receipt of your request to provide an initial response. We are committed to resolving your question or concern within 30 days of receipt of your request (in any of the above three incoming forms).
In order to express a concern you are required to contact us and bring it to our attention in one of the three ways listed above.