This body butter recipe is such a treat! You can quickly whip this up for yourself or for a friend. All you need is a pretty jar filled with this mix and you have a wonderful gift ready to give to someone special.
This scent will make you feel like fall has finally arrived. Plus, every time you use this body butter, I’m sure you’ll think of all the wonderful things that fall brings with it. You’ll want to experience this body butter during the cooler months when we’re all prone to dry skin.
The ingredients are full of health benefits, like anti-aging properties. In addition, they’ll moisturize, heal and soften your skin.
Body Butter Ingredients
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 vitamin E capsules
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Jar of your choice with a lid
- Mixer (optional)
1. Measure shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin E and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin spice and put into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Note: I used a large straight pin to pierce the vitamin E capsule and then squeezed out as much of it as I could.
3. It’s time to place the bowl in the microwave and slowly heat up until melted. Start with 40 seconds and increase the time as needed.
4. Now let the mixture cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes. Then place the bowl in the refrigerator to get it cooled off completely. Add the remaining tablespoon of pumpkin spice and teaspoon of vanilla.
5. Next, using your hand mixer or a stand mixer, mix until whipped and fluffy. This takes a few minutes; make sure you whip it long enough to make it very fluffy.
6. It is whipped enough when it starts to make soft peaks in the bowl.
7. Now transfer the body butter to a pretty jar and put the lid on. It is ready to use, and you do not have to keep it in the refrigerator unless you prefer it to be more solid.
— Leilani Hampton