When you have painful cramps or other PMS symptoms, that time of the month can be so hard to get through. Personally, my cramps can leave me unable to accomplish the things I need to get done. Having these pillows available really takes the edge off.
The clary sage helps my muscles to ease up so the tension can leave my body. The lavender helps my hormone levels to normalize while making me feel calm. Marjoram helps get rid of water retention and eases muscle spasms.
When I warm this pillow up and place it on my pelvic area, it gives me much-needed relief. I can also place it on my lower spine when the pain is centralized in my back. Being able to reheat the pillow as needed keeps the PMS pain at bay.
The ingredients are enough for one pillow.
- 6 cups rice
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops clary sage essential oil
- 10 drops marjoram essential oil
- 1 cotton dish towel (or any other material of your choice)
1. Gather all of the ingredients and the cotton dish towel.
2. Using a gallon zip lock bag, measure out the of rice and put it in the bag.
3. Add the essential oils.
4. Close the bag and mix well, making sure to distribute the essential oils onto the rice.
5. For the pillow, cut the cotton towel in half and then in half again. This will give you 4 pieces of material to form two pillows, if you’d like to make a second one.
6. Sew two pieces of the material together, leaving a 4-inch opening for filling with rice.
7. Turn the pillow right side out and fill with rice.
8. Sew up the opening.
9. When ready to use, heat up the pillow in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds at a time. Be careful and make sure the pillows do not overheat.
If the scent disappears, add more drops to the outside of the pillows. The oils will then soak into the rice. And there you have it! Say goodbye to those PMS symptoms.
— Leilani Hampton