I always try to find ways to save money when it comes to skin care. This homemade makeup remover is so inexpensive to make, plus it contains ingredients that won’t damage your skin — unless many store-bought varieties. I love the ingredients because they are so mild. I don’t have to worry about any harsh chemicals. As an added bonus, this homemade makeup remover doesn’t take very much of the recipe to do a great job. Each time I use it, it leaves my skin feeling moist and soft.
These homemade cloths take the place of expensive disposable makeup remover pads from the store, which can be very costly. These cloths can be used and then thrown in the wash in a zippered laundry bag. How easy is that? In addition, the fleece material is so soft and gentle on the skin. This will soon become your favorite method of removing your makeup.
Ingredients for Homemade Makeup Remover
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 1/2 tbsp baby shampoo
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 10 drops geranium essential oil (great for all skin types)
- 1 glass pump container
1. Gather ingredients and the pump container.
2. Measure the water.
3. Pour the water into the pump container.
4. Measure the shampoo and add it to the container.
5. Add the jojoba oil.
6. Add the geranium essential oil.
7. Shake well before each use.
Equipment for Reusable Face Cleansing Cloths
- Scrap pieces of fleece material (or any other soft material of your choice)
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter (you can use scissors instead if needed)
1. Gather the material, mat and rotary cutter.
2. Cut 4.5-inch squares of the fleece material; I was able to cut eight pieces from my material. This gives you a good amount of material to remove your make up with.
3. Use as needed. The cloths can be put in a zippered laundry bag after each use and then washed together. They will last me at least a week before they need to be washed.
— Leilani Hampton