As the weather turns cooler, do you think about having a warm soak in the tub at the end of a long day? If you do, then you’re going to enjoy this mix as much as I do. Now that it’s starting to feel like autumn, it’s a great time to mix up some tub tea to have on hand for a bath or to give away as a gift.
You’ll love these tub teas after a stressful day at the office or when you just need some alone time to relax. This recipe is quick to mix up, inexpensive and looks pretty. You might even want to get a head start on early holiday presents and keep several of these relaxing blends on hand for gifts.
Make sure to find decorative bags for storing the mix before you get started. The small bags I found on Amazon.com are perfect for the tub teas. Plus, when I’m finished using them, I can just wash them out and reuse them.
Let’s get started!
Simple DIY Lavender and Oatmeal Tea Tub Soak
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 2 tbsp lavender buds
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- Small decorative bag
1. Measure all of your ingredients.
2. Gently pour each ingredient into mixing bowl except lavender. Be careful not to spill.
3. Carefully mix until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Add the lavender buds to the dry mix. They tend to stick together, so make sure to take enough time to mix it up well.
Doesn’t that look beautiful? Now you are ready to start filling your little bags.
5. Take the tops and turn them down to make it easier to fill. Use a spoon to fill the bag about half full. You should be able to fill three or four bags with this recipe, depending on how big your bags are.
I love filling a variety of bags so I have an assortment to choose from when I need a quick and easy gift.
I hope you enjoy making these teas as much as I do. Better yet, I hope you enjoy a good soak!
— Leilani Hampton