Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it — the colors, the weather, giving gifts, time spent with family and beautiful decorations. This project is one that puts me in the Christmas spirit. The color of the greenery and the red of the cranberries is a perfect combination to decorate with.
The simplicity of the project is especially a plus. It only takes a few minutes to put this together. Almost everyone would have these supplies on hand. Any jar will work for this project; I used mason jars because that is what I have on hand.
As for the other ingredients, cranberries can easily be found in the produce or frozen foods section of your local store during this time of year. I cut pieces of greenery off of my cedar tree in my front yard.
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Fresh greenery
- Floating candles
- Jars of your choice (I used 3 mason jars)
- Jute or ribbon to tie around the jars
- Small floating candles
1. Gather the supplies.
2. Tie the ribbon or jute around the jars. The jars can be decorated any way you choose.
3. Place greenery in the jars. Make sure it fits well inside the jars. You can use as much or as little as you like.
4. Add the fresh cranberries to the jars. Again, add as much as you want.
5. Fill each jar with water.
6. Carefully place the floating candles on top of the water in each jar. You may need to add more or take some out in order for the candles to float.
7. Place jars on the mantel, table or anywhere else in your home for a beautiful Christmas accent. Happy holidays!
— Leilani Hampton